Screening Coordinator Resources
To our Screening Coordinators, thank you for your continued cooperation in providing a safe environment for the children of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. We appreciate your hard work and dedication in ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures and understanding what is required of our parishes and schools
Listed below are sample letters that may be sent to your employees and volunteers informing them of the new training requirements. Please revise the letters as needed for your parish or school. These letters consist of step by step instructions for those registering on our compliance management system, Shield the Vulnerable.
- Letter for Clergy/Religious
- Letter for Volunteers without Substantial Contact
- Letter for New Volunteer with Substantial Contact with Children
- Letter for Volunteers with Substantial Contact who began volunteering prior to 2009
- Letter for Volunteers with Substantial Contact who began volunteering after 2009
- Boundaries with Children
- Child and Youth Protection Policy and Procedure Requirements
- Compliance with Maryland Reporting Laws
- Driving Consent Form (Espanol)
- Girl Scout User Agreement Letter
- Procedures Regarding Disclosure made by Children in Classroom Settings
- Third Parties Using Parish/School Disclaimer Letter
- Third Party Verification Letter
Shield the Vulnerable Resources
Documents for Volunteers
- Electronic reference form-Please edit in the spaces provided with your parish/school information before sending out.
- Written reference check form for volunteers (Espa&#ñ;ol
- Telephone reference check form for volunteers (Espa&#ñ;ol/Related Offense - Archdiocesan parent policy
- Espa&#ñ;ol/Related Offense - Archdiocesan School Parent Letter
- RSO/Related Offense - Archdiocesan Parish Parent Letter
The Office of Child and Youth Protection can be reached at 410-547-5368 should you have any questions or concerns.