The Office of Consecrated Life serves as a liaison between the Office of the Archbishop and Religious Institutes ministering in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Promotion of consecrated life and advancing collaborative initiatives involving religious communities and archdiocesan agencies are major responsibilities of this office. Specific assistance is provided to women and men religious serving in the Archdiocese.
The Office of Consecrated Life plans and has oversight of:
- The Annual National Retirement Collection for Religious: The Annual Retirement Collection occurs during the month of December and includes speakers in parishes who provide pertinent information regarding the collection and ways in which it benefits the retired members and mission of Religious Institutes.
- The FORUM of Major Superiors: The FORUM meets two times a year as one of the Collegial Bodies of the Archdiocese. Major Superiors of men’s and women’s religious communities meet with the Archbishop and Vicar Bishops to discuss issues of mutual concern and to seek ways to address them collaboratively. The FORUM is a locus for new endeavors and for ongoing collaboration.
- The Orientation of New Religious: Members of Religious Institutes coming new to the Archdiocese or returning after many years away are invited to an evening program of information sharing. Dinner is included which provides an opportunity for religious to meet others new to the area.
- The Jubilee Mass: All women and men religious who are celebrating jubilees gather once a year for Mass and dinner with the Archbishop to celebrate their years of service and dedication to the People of God.
- The Neumann and Seton Vicariate Dinners: The Vicar Bishops of the Neumann and Seton Vicariates host an appreciation dinner for all religious serving in their respective Vicariate annually.